Careers at STRIVE
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at STRIVE, a culturally diverse non-profit whose mission is to help people acquire the life-changing skills and attitudes needed to overcome challenging circumstances, find sustained employment, and become valuable contributors to their families, their employers, and their communities.
Job Title: Outreach Specialist
Reports To: Department Coordinator, Supportive Services
POSITION SUMMARY/JOB DESCRIPTION
- The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with other agencies and organizations across the city such as, community-based organizations, schools, shelters, faith based organizations, etc. to recruit eligible participants for all of STRIVE’s program cycles based upon program and funding source
- Respond and follow up on recruiting leads, messages, emails, faxes, and other correspondences.
- The Outreach Specialist is expected to design and implement recruitment plans to ensure STRIVE meets its annual enrollment As a part of this duty, it will be necessary to build and maintain relationships with referring agencies, manage and accept referrals, initiate appropriate communication with clinical and operations teams based on the trainings requirements.
- Develops and maintains agency’s resource/referral directory, adding new linkages and tracking referrals with community contacts.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create flyers and recruitment tools.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of recruitment events in and out of the office
- Maintain spread sheets / reports with outreach information for in house reporting.
- Completes data entry into STRIVE systems.
- Conducts preliminary screening and intake with prospective participants.
- Performs other duties as requested.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to provide positive, outstanding customer service.
- Ability to interact positively with a variety of personalities and socio-economic populations and to maintain an approachable, friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide support to fellow team members is essential, as well as, being able to perform duties independently with little to know supervision.
- Organizational skills, time management skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
Submit a cover letter and resume to EPacheco@StriveInternational.org
Job Title: STRIVE Future Leaders Workshop Facilitator
Reports To: Coordinator, STRIVE Future Leaders
STRIVE Future Leaders is a national initiative funded by the US Department of Labor (USDOL) to assist disconnected young adults offenders in successful re-entry and success in education and careers. Building on its innovative service model and well-established Affiliate Network, STRIVE will provide services over a period of 26 months to approximately 156 young adults, ages 18 to 24, from communities where poverty and crime are most concentrated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead employment readiness and life skill training cycles.
- Facilitate classroom sessions with groups of disconnected young adults.
- Implement and create job retention and life skills curriculum.
- Recruit, screen, and interview young adults for acceptance into the Future Leaders Workshop.
- Support participants during internships with close monitoring, weekly classes, and site visits.
- Develop and maintain career based internship locations in a wide range of fields.
- Provide career, life-skills, and educational counseling and guidance to participants and alumni.
- Monitor performance and administer pay for all interns.
- Work with other key personnel focused on STRIVE Future Leaders to ensure the success of program participants.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Must be passionate about working with young adults
- Knowledge of positive youth development principles
- Bachelor’s degree required or comparable work experience.
- Professional experience with the re-entry of ex-offenders and young adults development required.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with criminal justice systems, programs and issues.
- Must have strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of public and non-profit partners is a must, excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must have outstanding communication and writing skills; solid proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRIVE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Legal work authorization required.