Careers at STRIVE
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at STRIVE, a culturally diverse non-profit whose mission is to help people acquire the life-changing skills and attitudes needed to overcome challenging circumstances, find sustained employment, and become valuable contributors to their families, their employers, and their communities.
Job Title: Employment Specialist
Reports To: Coordinator, Business Development Unit
STRIVE International is seeking an Employment Specialist to assist graduates in obtaining employment within the Healthcare and Office Operations arena. This position will provide a diverse range of direct career services such as resume writing assistance, mock interviews and leading career development workshops.
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within targeted market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Establish and maintain a network of employers to provide jobs and internship opportunities to STRIVE graduates, target advancement opportunities; and employer contributions.
Business Client Growth & Retention
- Present new organizational initiatives and services to enhance existing business client relationships.
- Work with and leverage lateral support staff to coordinate recruitment events in order to meet business and client needs/demands.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in collaboration.
Management and Research
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the target industry, its company’s people and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and demonstrated in health care recruitment preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, recruitment or Job Development required
- Experience working with diverse populations in low-income neighborhoods
- Knowledge of the healthcare job market and employer contacts
- Experience creating and sustaining relationships with employers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Forward resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]
Job Title: Case Manager (Fatherhood)
Department: Supportive Services
Reports To: Fatherhood Program Coordinator
The goal of STRIVE’s Strong Fathers, Stronger Families program is to foster close connections between fathers and their children, while facilitating employment, all with the goal of helping to break poverty cycles related to fatherless, single parent homes.
Counsels and assists STRIVE fatherhood program participants to resolve issues in order to better engage with their non custodial children. Assists non custodial fathers to improve their ability to obtain gainful employment and begin or enhance their ability to provide financial or material support to their children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts outreach to non custodial fathers through established networks and partnerships.
- Provides support and advocacy to non custodial fathers for procedural matters within the court system, social service system, etc.
- Facilitates required curriculum modules to participants. Must be willing to work evenings for workshops and occasional weekends for engagement activities.
- Research, enhance and provide referrals to participants to other resources (e.g. housing services, long-term counseling, child-care, occupational trainings, domestic abuse intervention agencies) that can further assist them to resolve issues preventing them from participating in the labor market.
- Provides short-term counseling and works with clients to enhance their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Maintains case notes, files and client data bases as specified by the Fatherhood Program Coordinator.
- Conducts participant follow-up as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the STRIVE clothing closet donation process, assists clients with clothing selection, and maintains clothing closet.
- Works with other case managers to maintain and update agency’s resource/referral directory.
- Completes other tasks as assigned or needed.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required, BSW or bachelors in related field preferred. At least 2 years of counseling experience, and exceptional communication skills required. Overall knowledge of basic individual and group counseling skills a plus. Life skills and experience will also be taken into consideration. Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is helpful.
How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
STRIVE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Legal work authorization required.